Qatar World Cup is just one month away. However, the football governing body FIFA has set a deadline for teams to submit their preliminary squad lists. A preliminary list of 32-team World Cup players must be submitted by Friday (October 21).
World football’s highest governing body said the 32 participating teams must send a list of at least 35 to 55 players. Teams will have until November 14 to choose their final 26-man squad. The next day i.e. November 15, FIFA will publish the player list of all teams.
Read More: World cup,Which country got the most tickets?
Meanwhile, as per FIFA tournament rules, the final squad has to be selected from the initial list of players. In the next three weeks, there is no opportunity to take anyone from outside the team.
Meanwhile, in a report by Reuters, FIFA said that they will not publish the initial squad list. But the parties can inform it if they want.
Recently, the players of the country who participated in the World Cup are gotten injured one after another. Meanwhile, current World Cup champions France is missing one of their best midfielders, N’Golo Conte, this World Cup. Apart from this, France coach Didier Deschamps is worried about another experienced midfielder Pogba.
Read More: Qatar also hosts the Asian Cup after the World Cup.
Not only France, but there are also several England players on the injury list. Ronaldo’s team also has Portuguese strikers Diego Jota and Pedro Neto. Messi’s team also has an injury list. Among them is Dybala, who was knocked out of the World Cup. Several players suffered injuries while playing in the UEFA Nations League and international friendlies last month.
If they recover in the next three weeks, they can get a place in the main team as well.